Friday, June 15, 2012

Don't Worry

Worry is a form of unbelief.  Who is in charge of your life? If it is you, then you have good reason to worry. But if it is I, then worry is both unnecessary and counterproductive...I will either take care of the problem Myself or show you how to handle it. In this world you will have problems, but you need not lose sight of Me.-Jesus Calling, Sarah Young


I read this passage recently in my daily devotional.  Not only did it speak to me, but it seemed to jump right out of the page and grab hold of me.  I always feel like I am one of those performers that can spin several plates at once and just keep them spinning simultaneously.  Each activity or event in my life represents one of those spinning plates.  If I don't keep an eye on everything, all at once, one or more of those plates will come crashing to the ground and break into hundreds of pieces.  

It would be easy to say that I'm only going to spin one plate at a time.  However, that's simply not me.  I would be completely bored out of my mind.  I enjoy the multitasking.  I enjoy the many activities and busy schedule.  It helps me stay organized and on top of things.  It makes me keep an eye on ALL of the spinning plates.

But this does not come with ease.  All these activities comes with stress, worry, and may I dare say, doubt.  It's only human nature to wonder if we can handle the busyness of our lives and if we can make things flow smoothly.  

But this is where our faith in God needs to stay strong.  When we get tired and weary is when God takes over.  In fact, God is there for us the entire time.  We just need to remember to let Him handle it.  ALL the time.  Why do we worry so much?  Why do we stress so much?

I have many plates spinning right now.  However, I'm learning to just let God take over and I'm going along on the journey.  I'm not saying I have absolutely no stress in my life, but I'm able to handle everything in a much more peaceful way.  Life won't end if my house isn't spotless or my To Do list isn't finished.  It's okay if dinner isn't ready right on time or if there aren't two different veggies on the plate.  

God is in control, always has been, always will.  We just need to stop worrying about dropping the plates and God will keep them spinning.


Linking up here:



Cross Moms



4 comments:

  1. First of all, Jesus Calling, by Sarah Young is my absolute favorite devotional. You had me the moment I read your lead! ;) What a wonderful perspective, though. There are times I definitely struggle to keep all the plates spinning, and at times I want to take an "all or nothing" attitude and just let all the plates fall. But that's when I'm trying to do it all on my own. How wonderful it is that God has it all, and when we truly do come to terms with Him being in control, the worry disappears! Thank you for sharing on our Show and Tell Link Up! Blessings abound!
    Love and God Bless,
    Christy

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. So glad my post can minister to you in some way. I love what you are doing at Cross Moms. Can't wait for more to come on your blog!!!

      Delete
  2. Oh! I soooooo needed to read this tonight and truly feel that God led me to click on your link at our party. :-) It is funny because I just read something yesterday in "My Utmost for His Highest" about worry so obviously these are things I need to be hearing right now. LOL! Thank you so much for your wonderful words of truth and wisdom and for sharing them with us at Inspiration Friday this week!
    Vanessa

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Vanessa,
      That is so inspiring to hear! Isn't God amazing like that. Who would've thought He could speak to us through a blog. I love At The Picket Fence and can't wait to read more. Thanks for checking out my post too! Blessings!
      Desiree

      Delete

Thank you for following us through our many adventures. We look forward to hearing from you!!!