Monday, December 20, 2010

Christmas Program #3 and a Gingerbread House

Saturday night was my third Christmas program at the Grapevine Opry. Our music pastor plays in the band and somehow our church choir was invited to be part of the program. We sang back-up on three songs to an amazing singer! It was a very enjoyable night and I loved being on a stage like that again.

Here I am all dressed up and ready to go. No, I did not plan to match my outfit to the walls in my family room.

While I was gone, Craig and the kids had their own enjoyable night. They built a gingerbread house together. Although I wish I could've been there too, I'm glad Craig was able to have some holiday fun with the kids.

First step in building a gingerbread house, pop the bubble wrap!!!

Preston and Kaitlyn are getting ready to make the icing.

Kaitlyn is helping Craig with the piping.

Following in the steps of his grandfather who used to own a construction company, I think Preston has the skill too.


Time to decorate! BTW, the canned corn is not part of the decorating. It's being used to hold up the walls until the icing dries.

They are concentrating so hard.

Admiring their work

Here's a close-up of one side. Notice Kaitlyn trying to eat it.


Of course, Preston has to try to eat it too!


We love making new memories and traditions with the kids. Hopefully, this will be something we do every year.

3 down, 1 more to go!


No comments:

Post a Comment

Thank you for following us through our many adventures. We look forward to hearing from you!!!