Friday, January 19, 2018

Choose Joy

This past week I read devotions from a couple different books.  Interestingly, they both had the message of being joyful. Instantly, I could feel a nudging in my spirit.

Heading back to school this past Tuesday marked a full and busy schedule once again.  Both kids are already involved in their sports and practices.  The first volleyball game is tomorrow.  Craig is constantly busy with work.  When one holiday ends, the next one immediately begins in the retail business.  And I have already started to fill our house with music in different languages and genres. 

With this busyness, comes the emotions, the tiredness, the feeling of needing to take a breath.  The busyness also comes with dread, complaints, and grudges.

But God doesn't want us to live a life full of dread.  He doesn't want us to be tired all the time.  He wants us to live a happy life, a life fulfilled, and take time to rest in Him and his comfort. God wants us to find joy in all that we do, even the littlest things.



It's so easy to take for granted the daily routines and responsibilities.  It's easy to go through a day full of complaints instead of thanks.  But by doing so, we rob ourselves of the joy that we can experience in these mundane tasks. 

Not everyday will be great and trials and tribulations will still come our way.  Even people can take away our happiness.  But in those moments, we have to make the conscious effort to find that joy.  And joy is contagious. 

So as God was speaking to me this week, and as part of living a life fulfilled, I made a conscious effort to be joyful.  I was happy to meet new people, I was excited to learn new things about music that I did not know even existed, and I was very thankful for the home routine of practices, cooking dinner, and finding those moments of quality time with the family. 

I can complain and dread it all or I can embrace it and be joyful.

I choose joy.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thank you for following us through our many adventures. We look forward to hearing from you!!!