Tuesday, June 12, 2018

Find Your Passion

We are two months into the new year.  Which mean we are two months into living "a life fulfilled."  We have embraced our phrase of the year and looked at the blessings in our lives in a whole new way.  Part of living a life fulfilled is being able to put a positive spin on any negative situation.  It's a whole new mindset, an attitude adjustment, and always seeing the glass as half full.

Last night, the four of us enjoyed a fabulous conversation over a delicious dinner.  I asked everybody to name their passion. Everyone was eager to share without hesitation.  Then, I asked them how were they going to grow that passion and have a life fulfilled.  It took some thought, but those answers soon came as well. 

In that moment, as we were embracing the passions that had long been on our hearts, we were also embracing what is to come.  God wants us to have an engaging, meaningful life.  He doesn't want it to be dull and full of dread.  God wants us to feel the joy, live a life fulfilled, and share our passions with others. 

God recently showed me my true passion.  Once I realized it, it made so much sense to my musician self.  I simply am not passionate about singing.  I enjoy singing, I love music, and I love to engage others in a song.  But, I'm not passionate about classical singing and the foreign languages and the proper technique that goes into becoming a true singer.  I am very, very thankful for the skills and opportunity to learn, but it's not a true passion.  Learning all of this made me realize why I struggle so much with practicing, getting through the lessons, and trying to get past German diction.  However, performing a Sing and Play on piano or guitar is completely different.  I am eager to practice and learn new techniques. I am eager to find new songs and play them well.  I am overjoyed when I get to hang out with preschoolers and have fun with music.  Music therapy is my passion.  While it is not my passion, proper voice training is a small part of music therapy and the voice lessons will help me become a great music therapist.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thank you for following us through our many adventures. We look forward to hearing from you!!!