Sunday, July 8, 2018

Choose Peace

We are halfway through 2018.  It seems like only yesterday was January 1st and before we know it, it will be December 31st.  The months have been flying by and I must say, for my family so far, this year has been good.

When God spoke to us at the beginning of the year and told us to live a life fulfilled every day, we truly took it to heart.  I saw each one of us embrace each day, take on each challenge, and enjoy some fabulous moments, big and small.  We have experienced some great things and made some unforgettable memories.

God has truly blessed us and I am so thankful for the life we get to live.  He provides our every need and we are never without.  However, the human side of me can't help but wonder when something dreadful will happen. I find myself waiting for something to go terribly awry or to find ourselves in a circumstance that we cannot get out of.

But God does not want that for us.  He does not want us to be robbed of our peace.  By allowing these little annoyances to sneak into my mind, I am not allowing myself to be fully enveloped in His peace and blessings.

Now, has everything been perfect?  Has everyday gone swimmingly?  No.  We have certainly had some challenges to face albeit all minor in comparison to what others are going through.  We've trusted and believed in God's provision and He always provided.  When we found ourselves with a hurting heart or mind full of turmoil, we gave it to God.

And He always gives us peace.

So as we finish out the year and experience all that these next few months has to bring, we will continue to enjoy each day, live life to the fullest, and give any little worry or problem to the One that will take care of it all.

We choose God.  We choose peace.


No comments:

Post a Comment

Thank you for following us through our many adventures. We look forward to hearing from you!!!