Sunday, September 4, 2011

Silly Chicken

Since school has started our schedule has been crazy. Well, really, it's always crazy. To make things just a little easier, I plan on making at least one, maybe two, crockpot meals per week. I LOVE crockpot meals. You pretty much throw everything into a crockpot and let it cook all day. Not to mention it makes your house smell so yummy. I especially love it when the weather is cooler. Ahhh, I can't wait for Fall. But, I digress. Back to crockpot meals.

I've found several sites recently full of crockpot recipes. Here are a few:





























The following recipe I found on Crockpot Girls. It is originally called Stupid Chicken (don't know why), but since stupid is a bad word in the Kelley house, I changed it to Silly Chicken.

You only need these ingredients:
2 cans of 14 oz. Garlic and Onion Diced Tomatoes
1 envelope Savory Herb with Garlic Onion Soup Mix
3-4 chicken breasts, cubed (I actually used 2 lbs. chicken tenderloins because it's cheaper)
















Mix the soup mix and tomatoes and pour in crockpot. Add chicken to the mix and stir. Cook on low for 6-8 hours. That's it!!!!















As you can see, I also use the crockpot liners. They come 3 to a box and are wonderful!!! It makes clean up so easy.

This is what the chicken looks like when it's all done. I served it over steamed rice, but pasta would be good too. I sprinkled a little bit of parmesan cheese on top and served steamed veggies on the side.















It was very tasty and we all enjoyed the Silly Chicken. We'd love to hear any crockpot recipes that your family enjoys. Please share!

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thank you for following us through our many adventures. We look forward to hearing from you!!!