Wednesday, September 3, 2014

My Music Classroom

My classroom got a makeover! I always have the hardest time decorating because of so many cute options. After scouring Pinterest and several sites for ideas, borrowing them, and using some of my own, I finally figured out what I wanted to do.

This is my monthly theme board. I will change it again next month. The sheep and cow are my hand puppets.


Musical notations and a custom made crayon wreath from a former student.


My giant dry erase board with monthly concepts. Can you tell yellow is our first color? The rolling cart is full of instruments and visuals that I take to all of the younger classes.


This is my monthly concept board for the Kindergarten class. Each month they learn about 2 different composers, 2 dynamic words, a character trait, and cultures from different parts of the world. The fun part for me is finding music to go along with all these concepts. The kids love it. Who knew they would enjoy Offenbach so much?


I have always loved using Zoo Pal plates as fun decor.  This year, the Kindergartners will get to use the crate seats that Craig made for me. It's hard to see in the pic but the fabric is covered in music notes.  Plus, the crates can be used to store the dry erase boards the students will use for their compositions.


My favorite part of the room is Imagination Station. This is where students can be creative through dramatic play. They can use different instruments, puppets, felt stories, large magnetic pieces, and lots of props. I am always on the lookout for different ideas to help fuel a child's creativity. 


I am so eager for the new school year to start. I cannot wait to see some old friends and make some new ones.



No comments:

Post a Comment

Thank you for following us through our many adventures. We look forward to hearing from you!!!