Tuesday, March 24, 2015

Fit and Fab: One Year Later

Exactly one year ago today I started my Fit and Fab journey.  The changes that have happened within a year have been amazing.  I could not have done any of it without the support of my family and close friends.

I joined a boot camp called Camp Gladiator and try my hardest to go at least 3 days a week.  It was definitely tough during the winter with those below freezing temps in the mornings.  But I have a some great friends that I get to work out with and an awesome trainer that is always so encouraging!

I completed the Couch Potato to 5K app and even started the Couch Potato to 10K app.  I did not finish that one because it was not challenging enough.

I ran my first race, a 5K, in August. On Saturday, I completed my biggest challenge yet-a half marathon (13.1 miles)!!!  I literally fought through blood, sweat, and tears to train for that one.  I do not see myself ever doing a long distance run again, but I am up for shorter races.  I was always one of those people that asked runners "why"?  Now I face that same question.  My answer:  because I can.  My legs may be short, but they are strong.  I do not take that for granted and am thankful my body still can function.

Am I content where I am?  No.

There is still more weight to lose, more muscle to gain, and more challenges to face.







No comments:

Post a Comment

Thank you for following us through our many adventures. We look forward to hearing from you!!!