Monday, August 14, 2017

Embrace These Days

I'm sitting in my family room, enjoying the quietness that surrounds me.  Craig has a late night at work and the kids are already in bed, anticipating an early alarm for tomorrow's big day.  It gives me time to reflect on all that has happened in recent months.

This summer has flown by, yet, it was one of the best summers we've had.  For the first time in years, I did not have to work or worry about school and was able to just enjoy my time with some of my favorite people. 

We had a steadily busy, but relaxing summer.  We had lots of games and sports camps to attend.  We participated in an exciting week of Vacation Bible School.  We celebrated holidays, birthdays, weddings, Father's Day, and the impending arrival of a new addition to the family.  We eagerly marked things off our Summer Fun List, enjoyed a few playdates, and went on an incredible vacation to parts of the country we have never seen.  We created many, many memories and enjoyed our time spent together.

However, don't be fooled.  It wasn't always rainbows and roses at our house (although we did see a few).  There was some sibling pestering and consequences handed out.  There were days of boredom and complaints of chores or household tasks that needed to be done. 

But those tough days came and went.  Much like the summer days filled with fun activities.  Much like the days when your children are learning to walk and now they are on the brink of learning to drive. 

Those days came and went.

These days will continue to come and go.

I embraced every day of this summer, even the tough ones.  I embraced the time spent with my kids, even when they didn't want to listen to me.  I embraced the days Craig did not have to work and I did not have to rush off anywhere either.  I embraced these summer days.

First day of school clothes are laid out, ready for pictures by the front door tomorrow morning.  Backpacks are packed and ready to be loaded with books and assignments.  I also start my classes in just two short weeks.  Our calendar will start filling up and the busyness and chaos of life will return once again. 

But I will continue to embrace these days, even the tough ones.  For these days will continue to come and go and I will enjoy every fleeting moment of it.



No comments:

Post a Comment

Thank you for following us through our many adventures. We look forward to hearing from you!!!