Tuesday, April 19, 2011

Making Her Acting Debut...

Kaitlyn's 1st Grade Program was last night. Imagine our surprise when she came home awhile back and said she actually had a speaking part in the program. As a thespian myself, I was so happy!

The title of the program was Freddie The Frog And The Mighty Meter Gnome.



Here is the program. Kaitlyn was Abby the Ant. I am so thankful that her first and last name were spelled correctly.




Here is the entire 1st grade!



I know the pictures are blurry, but we didn't have the greatest seats and we don't have one of those fancy schmancy cameras. You get what you get...


Kaitlyn has the black shirt and standing below the boy on the top row, fourth from the left, in the red shirt. I'm so glad she didn't have to stand in the very front like I had to in school programs. Oh wait, I still do. :/




Here's another shot of the 1st graders!





Kaitlyn is on the right at the microphone. Her line: "But why? Work time is over." Short, but sweet.



Of course, as per Kelley tradition, the actress gets flowers on opening night. You may notice the pipe cleaners (excuse me, chenille stems as they are now called) sticking out of her head. The kids had to dress like ants by wearing all black, brown, or red. I made the antennae by wrapping the pipe cleaners around a headband.



Afterwards, we went with the grandparents to get some frozen yogurt and ice cream. It was a very cute program and Kaitlyn said she enjoyed it. Now to start making the audition rounds. (Just kidding!)

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thank you for following us through our many adventures. We look forward to hearing from you!!!