Saturday, August 23, 2014

Fit and Fab: My first 5K

Well, I completed my first 5K race.  Craig asked if it was easier than I thought it would be.  My answer?  NO!!!  It was just like running any other time, except with a bunch of people.  I definitely wasn't running to try get in 1st place, but I just wanted to prove to myself that I could do it.

For my 30th bday, I had an awesome 80's party.  For my 32nd bday, I got my first tattoo.  So for my 34th bday, that is coming up, I wanted to do something memorable as well.  When I saw the Hot Hatch Chile Run was not far from my house, I wanted to do it.  And also they served a breakfast loaded with green chiles afterwards.  :)

Before the race, in front of the Hatch Chile Fest sign. 

Craig and the kids were waiting at the Finish Line and took this pic.

 Finished!!!  I didn't even notice they had made signs and were holding them up for me.  So thoughtful!!!

I came in 14th place out of 35 for my age group.  I had a personal record (PR) of 34:43.  It was hot, the hills were tough, and I had to force myself to finish.  I did have to walk a few times, but I didn't care.  I needed to catch my breath! Ha!!!

I only told a few friends and family about this and know they were cheering me on and praying I would get through this.  My awesome trainer and friend ran with me and was so encouraging the whole way.  I really appreciated it!!!

A 5K is now checked off my bucket list.  Next up:  Couch Potato to 10K

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thank you for following us through our many adventures. We look forward to hearing from you!!!