Monday, December 12, 2011

It's Beginning To Look A Lot Like Christmas-And I'm Tired!!!

It's almost the middle of December and it feels like it's been forever since I've updated our blog. The days have been flying by and we have been so busy. Things are gradually slowing down (not stopping, just slowing down) and I can finally catch up on some posts.

First, I was in the annual Christmas of Lights Parade with my church choir. It's so much fun to be in it every year. I get to hang out with my church family on the float, sing songs, and see lots of people that come out to see the parade.

Hear are Mary and Joseph before the parade.

This is a trolley from another church. Pretty cool!




This float is from one of the electric companies. It was really nice.



Something unusual happened that night of the parade. It was warm! It was 20 degrees warmer than last year. Usually we were all bundled up, but everyone was just wearing light jackets. I saw some parade watchers in shorts. We did get sprinkled on by the rain clouds, but nothing that drenched us.


A couple days after that, we had our first annual Christmas VBS at our church. It was actually something I didn't have to plan! A lady in our church had this on her heart for awhile and said she would organize everything. She did indeed! I answered any questions she had, but really didn't have to do anything else. I really think she could take over my job for the summer VBS and I would have no problem with that! I will really pray about it.



It was a one day event and had stations just like a regular VBS. Here is the Bible station with the angel appearing to Mary.


In the snack station, kids decorated cookies and talked about Jesus being our special gift. Preston enjoyed his cookies.



The games were held indoors. Kids had to compete to see who could unravel toilet paper the fastest.




Finally, the story of the Candy Cane was told in the Craft Station.


Then, the kids decorated the candy canes to look like sheep.


After the closing assembly, all the kids were fed a pizza lunch.


This is our awesome Children's Pastor talking to the kids.


Preston and Kaitlyn had a great time.


Finally, our local house band, DB3, put on a mini concert. I love them!!!




It was a great day and lots of children from the community came to the event. They got to hear the real meaning of Christmas and have fun at the same time.


Stay tuned for more events!!!

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thank you for following us through our many adventures. We look forward to hearing from you!!!