Wednesday, December 5, 2012

The Nutcracker

With the holiday season upon us, I wanted to start a new tradition for just me and my favorite daughter, Kaitlyn.  We decided to have a night out to go see The Nutcracker.  I first saw the ballet when I was in college. I had friends playing in the orchestra and dancing the ballet so I loved it.  Plus, the music is beautiful! I couldn't wait to take Kaitlyn to her very first ballet experience.

We got all dressed up, left the boys to fend for themselves, and we headed out.


There was a ballet company performing at the famous Bass Hall in Ft. Worth and another company performing at the Winspear Opera House in Dallas.  However, I decided I would purchase much cheaper tickets and see a production closer to home.


Here are just a few pics from our wonderful evening.






Kaitlyn was mesmerized by the whole thing.  Her favorite scene was the battle between the Nutcracker and Rat King.  It was such a great night together and we can't wait for next year!


1 comment:

  1. Aw what a FUN mother/daughter night!! I'm so glad Katilyn enjoyed herself. That's definitely a wonderful tradition to start. =)

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for following us through our many adventures. We look forward to hearing from you!!!