Friday, July 11, 2014

Fit and Fab: No More Couch Potato

I DID IT!!!!

I completed the Coach Potato to 5K training program.  It was 8 weeks of running/walking, 3 days a week, with gradual increases of running each week.  I decided to repeat each week of running before moving onto the next week, so it took me a total of 16 weeks to complete everything.

I remember starting the first week, even the first day, and thinking "What did I get myself into?!"  A friend and I agreed to start this program in hopes of getting fit and maybe running a 5k in the fall.  But after starting and then realizing how out of shape I truly was, my goal was to simply be fit. 

March 24 was Day 1 of Week 1.  It's a 5 minute warm up walk, then alternate 60 seconds of running and 90 seconds of walking for 20 minutes.  Finally, end with a 5 minute cool down walk.  I seriously thought I was going to die!!!  I was so sore the next day.  

Fast forward 16 weeks to July 10 and Day 3 of Week 8 (or Week 16 in my case).  It's a 5 minute warm up walk, 30 minutes of running, then a 5 minute cool down.  And I didn't die!!!  

I've been doing Camp Gladiator since April as well.  It's really helped with my running and all other areas of my body.  I actually look forward to going, I love being around all my very encouraging workout buddies, and I seriously have the BEST trainer!!!!  

These pics were taken during Spring Break, just a couple weeks before I started running.  How did I not see myself looking like this sooner?!

Big legs

Big cheeks

Big belly

Big all over

          May 15 (dressed for a work event)                                                          June 10

July 10

All geared up and ready to go!

So far I have lost 10 lbs. and 23 inches overall.  I know I have a long ways to go still, but it's a start.  My little 5 ft. frame doesn't need to be carrying around such a heavy load all the time! I will continue to run and work out.  I have drastically increased my water intake and watch what I eat.  I will never diet or do a cleanse of any sort, but I do say no to certain foods and don't consume so much sugar anymore.  It's definitely not easy though.

It's been a long journey, but not a lonely one.  I have the greatest support group that only wants to see me succeed.  My family was by my side the entire time.  They would either run with me, ride their bikes alongside me, or even pass out water when I needed it.

Once I put my whole heart and mind into something, I don't stop until it's finished.  I wanted to give up and make excuses so many times, but I forced myself to keep going.  I found inspiration from those that are also on their own fit and fab journey.  I found encouragement from those that would tell me how much they loved seeing me on this journey.   Even though I was doing this for my own health, I hope I have inspired someone along the way.  If so, know that nothing is impossible.  You CAN succeed and tell your own story.  Just keep the faith.  One step forward is already further than where you were.


No comments:

Post a Comment

Thank you for following us through our many adventures. We look forward to hearing from you!!!