Friday, June 17, 2011

Music Camp 2011

Throughout last school year, I did a music class every other week at an in-home daycare. It's run by my two friends, Cindy and Mallori, that are also mother and daughter. Since the summer gets a little crazy for them, we agreed to a one week music camp and end the week with a performance.

They let me choose a theme and songs, so I selected some 50's style songs from the album Hallelujah Hop. Every day this week, we practiced the songs over and over. Then, it was showtime.

Cindy and Mallori reserved the community center and parents were invited to come see what the kids had learned.

The first song was "At The Hop". It's similar to the old version except some lyrics were changed to make it more of a Christian song. For example: Let's go to the hop, the hallelujah hop (oh glory)...


Getting ready to do the twist...



Doing the handjive...



Then the next song was "I Feel Good/I'm A Soul Man". The kids are playing the air trumpet.






For the finale, the kids performed to "Shout".



I'm so proud of the great job the kids did during their performance.





Thank you again Cindy and Mallori for the opportunity!!!








No comments:

Post a Comment

Thank you for following us through our many adventures. We look forward to hearing from you!!!