Friday, October 28, 2011

Pumpkin Time!

On our trip to the pumpkin patch, we picked up some pumpkins to decorate. The kids picked pie pumpkins. They were very eager to come home and paint them.

Kaitlyn picked a pretty metallic rose color and painted on a face with black paint.



Preston's favorite color in the whole world is orange. Can you guess what he painted his orange pumpkin? That's right, ORANGE! He also added a few streaks of other colors, but the rest of the pumpkin is orange paint.


This is Preston's orange pumpkin.




Here's Kaitlyn's pretty pumpkin.



I placed the pumpkins on our mantle by our family portrait.



I also got 3 mini pumpkins and knew exactly what I was going to do with them. I painted all 3 pumpkins white. It took several coats to cover all of the orange. Next time, I'll remember to just buy white spray paint.




This is the table in my Family Room. I wanted to add a little more fall decor besides the floral arrangement. I decided to replace the 3 red candles with the white pumpkins.


I really like the look of the white on the black candlestick holders. Plus, the wall is painted a light gray so it really shows up well.


Here's a further look at the table. I love it!


Then, it was time to carve our big pumpkin. Preston and Kaitlyn helped take the guts out.





Don't mess with him!


Here's the finished look. You can see our template on the counter behind the pumpkin. We just searched for a template we liked and printed it.


Here's our pumpkin with the lights off. It turned out great!



We have big plans for the Halloween weekend. Can't wait to share it with you!

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thank you for following us through our many adventures. We look forward to hearing from you!!!