Friday, January 10, 2014

Lesson Learned #1

It's not even 2 weeks in to 2014 and I feel I have learned so much already.

I've learned I need to de-clutter and organize all areas of my life.  I don't like clutter in my house:  on counters, in closets, on the walls.  I'm not saying it doesn't happen.  I just don't like when it does.  We've been working on every room, closet, and shelf in my house (which is a lot) and we are parting ways with the things that are not meaningful, not useful, and just taking up space.

And we are doing the same thing with every aspect of our lives.

I've learned people will always disappoint you, not appreciate you, not respect you, not listen to you.  But I've also learned that I need to focus on just myself.  How am I disappointing others?  Not appreciating or being respectful enough?  Who am I not listening to?

I have spent lots of time with God, asking Him to show me these things.  And He has.  I'm not comparing myself to anyone, because their story is different.  I'm only trying to be the best God wants me to be.



So,  I'm learning an organized house makes a more welcoming home.  I'm learning what relationships to hang onto, which ones to let go.  I'm learning what passions need to be revived and which ones are okay to let fade.

And I'm learning that God has not finished molding me yet.




No comments:

Post a Comment

Thank you for following us through our many adventures. We look forward to hearing from you!!!