Wednesday, December 8, 2010

Christmas Program #1

Last night was the Christmas program for the Mother's Day Out where I teach music. The school director tells me what she wants, then I pick out the music, make up the choreography, and teach it to the kids. It sounds simple, but it's not. I listen to TONS of songs and pick out the ones I think the kids will easily learn and enjoy. Then I make up the choreography, keeping their ages in mind, making sure they will be able to quickly catch on.

This year, the kids told the real Christmas story through their songs. It started with songs about the Wise Men, then the birth of Jesus, and finally the world rejoicing. We started rehearsing Christmas songs in October and I'm sure the kids are glad to finally show their parents what they've learned.

Here I am with my favorite student (Preston is in Pre-K) in front of our white Christmas tree before the program.

Here is Preston and his class singing "The First Noel".


I didn't know Craig got a picture of me directing. I always sit on the floor in front of the kids and do all the motions and mouth the words. I was directing the Pre-K class in "Jesus, Oh, What A Wonderful Child".

For our big finale all the classes came on stage together to sing "We Wish You A Merry Christmas". The children's ages were from 2 yrs old through 6 yrs old. It took some work during the dress rehearsal, but the teachers did a great job getting all the kids where they needed to be.


It was a great success. The kids were adorable and all the parents loved it. They really knew how to ham it up for their parents and all the cameras.
That's one program down and only three more to go! Stay tuned.



No comments:

Post a Comment

Thank you for following us through our many adventures. We look forward to hearing from you!!!