Saturday, December 11, 2010

Pajama Par-tay!!!

Kaitlyn is turning 7. Yes, it's hard to believe that I am old enough to have a child that age (lol). We are the type of family that plans in advance. Waaayyyy in advance. We actually planned her party towards the end of summer. Kaitlyn decided to have a non-sleepover pajama party at home. The kids made a craft, had a waffle bar for dinner, watched a movie, and ate cupcakes for dessert. Very easy and doable.

Craig cooks all the breakfasts in our house. I can make breakfast casseroles and such, but Craig really enjoys cooking breakfast for us when he is able to. Here is his breakfast station all set up. He made plain waffles, chocolate chip waffles, bacon and sausage. For toppings there were strawberries, bananas, blueberries, butter, and syrup. Then we served lemonade to drink.




The craft is ready to go in the center of the table. The girls made 3 hair tyes. I cut different colored ribbon in 12" lengths. Then you just double knot 5 ribbons onto each black hair tye and you're done!

Our dining room was transformed into a party room. My good friend Janelle (shout out!) had her daughter's birthday party a week ago. All the decorations were in the same color scheme that I was going to use. Janelle very graciously offered to let me use the decorations for Kaitlyn's party. The tablecover is actually a flat sheet. The flowers on the table are made from tissue paper. The balls hanging from the chandelier are clear Christmas ornaments with colored netting. I actually had a lot of streamers left over from my birthday party in August and Kaitlyn wanted to use them. Everything turned out super cute. Thanks Janelle!

Here are the girls working on their hair tyes. They had some really cute color combinations.

The girls are lined up and ready to eat. They LOVED the waffles. These girls could give teenage boys a run for their money when it comes to eating!!!

Here they are enjoying their food.

Preston was the only little boy at the party. He had to eat his food in the kitchen and was a little sad. Don't worry, his grandparents were sitting on the other side of the table so he wasn't alone.
Our great friends Robert and Cathy (shout out!) had a movie projector that they let us borrow. We have a game room upstairs with a large white wall (because we never painted it and now there's a reason) that is perfect for watching movies. I bought Veggie Tales Sweetpea Beauty just for the party.
The girls lined up with their blankets and pillows to watch. You can barely see the movie on the wall in this picture. It was actually completely dark in this room, but this is how the picture came out.

Kaitlyn repeatedly told me she wanted cupcakes and not a cake for her birthday. She was very specific and wanted strawberry cupcakes with cream cheese frosting. Not a problem. I made these myself and sprinkled some green sprinkles on the top. It's hard to see in the picture, but the bottom tiers had pink and green ribbon draped along the sides.

Kaitlyn is blowing out her candle.

Next, we opened presents. Girls are always so eager to see what gifts the birthday girl received. Kaitlyn got a lot of great things.

Here is the party crew!


Before the party, I didn't know if I was crazy or just loved Kaitlyn to be able to have a party like this. After the party, I realized I'm just plain crazy! Kaitlyn had so much fun and so did all her friends. They all went home with full tummies, and hot cocoa goody bags and hopefully slept really well.
Kaitlyn already told me what kind of party she wants next year (I said we plan way in advance) and I'm just glad it won't be at home. ;)

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thank you for following us through our many adventures. We look forward to hearing from you!!!