Saturday, June 22, 2013

Enjoying the Silence

As I am typing this, it's 7:30 on a sunny Saturday morning.  Craig has been gone for an hour to start working another busy weekend.  But he has lovingly left us each a note and brought a wonderful cup of coffee to my bedside.  The kids are still sleeping, finally able to find rest that has escaped us so far this summer.  Even our 10 yr old Sheltie is catching up on her doggy sleep, when she's usually wide awake at this time.

All is silent.  All is peaceful.

And me...I'm awake early, as usual.  I always find it hard to sleep in when I know I have a days' worth of To Do's that need to be accomplished.  I am mentally going down my list and trying to arrange them in order of importance.  But yet, I am not in any hurry to get started.

We have a busy weekend ahead of us.  An All-Star baseball game for Preston this afternoon and then a possible chance to play for the District Championship.  My stomach is full of butterflies for our amazing team.  Then, Kaitlyn leaves for church camp tomorrow.  I will miss her but we have something very special planned for her when she returns.  We also have our regular job duties and chores that need to be accomplished.

But for now, I'm enjoying the peace. I'm enjoying the silence.


No comments:

Post a Comment

Thank you for following us through our many adventures. We look forward to hearing from you!!!