Saturday, October 2, 2010

First Sleepover

Kaitlyn had her first sleepover, without Mom or Dad close by, at church. It's an annual event that's part of her Impact Girls group. She'll eventually get a badge for participating in the sleepover. Last year, I went with her and we took our air mattress (I wasn't sleeping on the floor). This year, Kaitlyn was adamant that she went by herself.

So, we got out our rolling suitcase and packed her necessities. She picked out her pillow, stuffed animal (a penguin), and sleeping bag and she was ready to go.

I took her to church and she barely said bye to me as she found a spot to lay out her sleeping bag. I left the mini brownies that I made for everyone with the leaders and went out to dinner and some shopping with my two favorite guys.

When I picked her up, she was busy hanging out with the other girls and barely noticed me. She told me she had a great time with all the activities they had. I think it was a good thing for her to do on her own. She needs time away from the family sometimes.

So our little girls is growing up. She's going to sleepovers on her own. Next summer, she'll go to Kids Camp on her own. Who taught her to be so independent?

Oh, that's right. We did.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thank you for following us through our many adventures. We look forward to hearing from you!!!